.....our services


We can help to prepare Lasting Powers of Attorney and register them at the Public Guardianship office.  In its simplest form this is a document that gives another person authority to act on your behalf in relation to your financial/property affairs and/or health/welfare. This can be especially important should you become mentally or physically ill and unable to look after these aspects yourself.

If a loved one has lost their mental capacity and is unable to manage their day to day affairs it will be necessary for a family member, friend or professional adviser to make an application to the Court of Protection for the appointment of a Deputy.  A Deputy is appointed by the Court of Protection to manage the financial affairs of a person who is unable to deal with their own affairs.

Dealing with an application to the Court of Protection can be a frustrating and lengthy experience; sometimes taking months for an application to be approved. Breese Gwyndaf can prepare all the paperwork and submit the application for you.

Once a Property and Financial Affairs Deputyship Order has been granted, the Deputy has control of the legal and financial assets of the Protected Person and the Deputy must provide a yearly report to the Court of Protection about all decisions made, and keep accurate financial accounts.

It is also possible to apply for a personal welfare Deputyship Order which would enable the Deputy to deal, with for example, negotiations over Health Care Packages for the Protected Person.

Where there are substantial assets to be managed, the Court of Protection may require a professional to act as Deputy rather than a member of the family or a friend. Where appropriate to do so, Breese Gwyndaf can arrange for an appropriate professional to act as Deputy.